Monday 16 March 2015

Monday ride 16/03/15


Had a day off work and having got quite a few jobs done in the garden justified going for a ride as I needed some tacks to fix some roofing felt onto the Bin Shed. What started out as a quick ride to Wells and back ended up as a 33 miler!
Went via Wighton and then onto New Holkham before heading through the Park and past Holkham Hall. There must be an event coming up as there was plenty of activity and Marques going up. Headed into Wells and got the tacks , plus some bird food , just to add some weight to my bike ! Had a tea and flap jack in the little cafe. The sun had decide to come out so I decided to ride along the coast road to Salthouse and go up the steep hill to test my new gears.
The wind was coming from the north east, so I was straight into it along the coast road. I also decided that I wanted to try and hit and average speed of 13 mph for the ride. The "bastard" hill in Salt house was not too bad and the low gears were perfect. Managed to hit >30 mph on the hill down towards Wiveton before taking the smelly road to the Glandford Ford. Up the hill past the Highland Cows and onto Langham. It was starting to get cold and a bit misty as I got to the Langham Airfield Dome before  going through Cockthorpe and onto Binham.
33 miles covered with an average riding speed of 13 mph.
Long straight road through the Holkham Estate. 
View Out to the Life Boat House at Wells Next The Sea
View up the Channel at Wells
Village sign in Stiffkey
Cley-next-the-Sea and the very special Windmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment